- Filled cupcakes, frosted with chocolate buttercream
- Light orange, dark orange, white, and bittersweet modeling chocolate or fondant
- rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- googly chocolate eyeballs
- Pointed sculpting implement
- Vanilla buttercream
- Orange food coloring
- Parchment paper cone
- #3 (Ateco) small round piping tip
2. Cut the heads and necks of giraffes out of the orange tones.
4. Roll out the brown tones to 1/16” (1.6 mm) thickness.
5. Cut the browns into small bits then arrange them like mosaic over the necks and snouts.
6. Out of dark orange buttercream, cut three ovals per head; one for a snout and two for ears.
8. Assemble the heads and place them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
9. Pinch each ear on one end and nestle it under the side of the head near eye level.
10. With orange buttercream and a #3 round tip, pipe mini antennae out of the top of each head.
New to this blog? Start here
Smooth Buttercream Cake Frosting
LOTS more free tutorials here:
The Ultimate Modeling Chocolate Resource Guide