- Filled cupcakes, unfrosted
- yellow and violet modeling chocolate or fondant
- rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- googly chocolate eyeballs
- Round cutter, 1 cm in diameter
- Chocolate buttercream
- Piping bag, disposable with coupler
- #352 (Wilton) leaf tip
1. Create the lion faces by cutting 1¾” (44 mm) wide circles of yellow modeling chocolate.
2. Cut smaller circles from the yellow using a 1 cm round cutter. Slice them in half to create ears.
3. Create the noses by cutting first squares then triangles of pink modeling chocolate. Place them in the center of the faces.
4. Form the impression of a mouth by pressing the back of a knife into the modeling chocolate. Form an upside down V shape just under the nose.
5. Create the lion’s mane by piping chocolate buttercream out of a #352 leaf tip in a radiating pattern around the top of the cupcakes.
6. Place the faces in the center of the manes. Pipe one more row of chocolate buttercream across the forehead, pulling in a downward direction to frame the face.
To learn more about modeling chocolate, sample my book:
You might also enjoy: