These cupcakes were made along with some other zoo animal designs for the birthday of an adorable one-year-old boy.
- Filled cupcakes, frosted with vanilla buttercream
- Light blue modeling chocolate or fondant
- Round cutter, 1” (25 mm) diameter
- Rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- Googly chocolate eyeballs
- More vanilla buttercream for piping
- Blue food coloring
- Piping bag, disposable
- #3 and #12 round piping tips
1. Form the elephant ears by cutting circles out of light blue modeling chocolate with a 1” (25 mm) round cutter. Bunch them together at one end. Trim the excess.
4. Using a #3 tip, pipe two circular rotations at the end of each snout to create hollow trunk openings.
New to this blog? Start here
Sample the books
Cake Decorating with Modeling Chocolate
The Ultimate Modeling Chocolate Resource Guide